WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Daphonic, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

http://www.geek.com/games/sonys-big...-gets-a-release-date-and-new-trailer-1657362/

[​IMG]
    Sony’s 2015 E3 press conference is most often remembered for games likeFinal Fantasy VII Remake, Shenmue III, and The Last Guardian. While those titles were great to see, they were either remakes, sequels, or have spent a long time in development hell. Those who wanted something fresh got it in the form of Guerrilla Games’ Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It has been almost a full year since that announcement was made, but today, Sony has revealed a release date for this title. Horizon: Zero Dawn will be released on February 28, 2017. On top of this news, Sony has also posted a brand new trailer for the game.

Though no release date had ever been officially confirmed, the Killzonedeveloper said it wanted to release the game during the fall of this year. Over on the PlayStation Blog, Guerrilla Games’ Hermen Hulst apologized for the delay: “It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it.” “The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon: Zero Dawn.”

Hulst promised that the studio will reveal more “videos and information” about the game throughout the rest of the year. With E3 just around the corner, we can surely expect some juicy bits of info to be announced during Sony’s press event next Monday.

The game is available to pre-order now. As has become standard with big game releases, there will be an expensive collector’s edition available, which includes a nine-inch statue of the game’s protagonist, Aloy, a 48-page artbook, a steelbook case, and a number of DLC items. Check it out:

[​IMG]

2. Tenarms

Tenarms Member

This game looks great, but I don't play consoles. Any word on whether they will cave in and make it for PC?

3. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

I doubt it, its a Sony exclusive

4. FluffyDeath

FluffyDeath Freaky Fluffy

If it ever manages to leave console it will be years from now, Sony very rarely lets their exclusives go anywhere else unless they are in the need of more money.

5. Thronnos

Thronnos Eru Ilúvatar Elder

I already got the pre-order for this puppy! This along with Destiny: Rise of Iron and Battlefield 1. my gaming future looks bright.

6. Thronnos

Thronnos Eru Ilúvatar Elder

if this game has ANY multiplayer... ill be looking to hook up in game and kill some robotic terrors!