WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

how RNG works in this game

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by dragoncore74, Jul 7, 2016.

1. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

it was suggested by someone in guild chat, so I thought why not. lets clear up some misinformation on how RNG works in this game.

the way pretty much everything works in this game is based off of loot tables. basically upon killing a mob/completing a gather you get x number of rolls (usually 0-4, generated by the RNG) on the mobs loot tables. the RNG gives you a number and gives you loot that that number on the table corresponds to. a sample table for helms might look like:

1-20 10*roll number in silver
    21-90 helm trash drop
    91-94 siege crystal
    95-96 precision crystal
    97-98 iron ore
    99 iron bar
    00 scarla

so if the RNG pulls 4 rolls of 84, 19, 58, and 98 you get an iron ore, 2 trash drops, and 190 silver. pretty typical. (note all of those were made up values)

if you read the gathering guide you already know all luck does is add a 1.05 multiplier to the FIRST rng roll which determines the number of rolls on the table. so if the RNG rolls a 3.65 then it would truncate down to 3 rolls, but if you had luck T5, it would call it a 4.56 which would truncate down to 4 rolls on the table. although you have no more chance of getting a scarla on the 4th roll that you got, the fact that you get another roll on the table technically gives you more chance per kill.

luck stacks additively for every other buff you have. so for example the top tier life alchemy stone is 20% bonus gathering drops iirc, so that with T5 luck is a 45% increased number of rolls on the table

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    there is a similar system for crafting output, but not exactly. since your base drop is guarenteed it uses a system of the primary roll for number of rolls on the table, then a secondary roll to see how many of them are upgraded versions of the primary output. for example, when I craft my sute teas I get a roll of 1-4 (technically binning 1-25/26-50/51-75/76-00) when crafting teas and then a roll of

1-25 - upgrade to healthy sute tea
    26-00 - don't

and then seperately it also rolls randomly on a table for if I get a secondary drop (like the contribution/silver/beer/exp/milk tradeins) and how many I get. (does this multiple times, so you can get more than 1 tradein drop per)

note that only the initial roll is influenced by luck because luck is tied to the number of rolls on the drop table. increasing luck does not significantly affect the number or quality of output from crafting in processing/cooking/alchemy only your crafting level. (and your crafting level affects the rolls for the number of rolls and the quality roll).

since the GM's blessing specifically says "Item gain chance" it may influence crafting output, but I can not confirm that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the way drops from things like boxes work is a random number within a range for the every time drops (bhegs trash and seals) and x number of rolls on a seperate random table with the rare stuff (bhegs gloves, crystals, blackstones(?)). note that none of these rolls are affected by luck.

also all spawns in the game are spawned at very specific locations, so if we can locate the possible spawning zones for semi-random spawns (such as whales or the new desert dragon) we can pinpoint which locations specifically they can spawn from. the important one I have in mind for this thought is the new dungeons. we can make our own map like the desert dragon one and find exactly where they spawn if we keep track of where we enter and exit every time. for all we know it could be 5 places to check every time you want to enter instead of combing the damn desert. (drastically reduces the time to enter especially with good draw distance).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  2. ziegh

ziegh Member

So let's say I'm gathering and I chop a tree down, with 5 luck and regular steel axe. I get 1x Monk Branch, 4x Ash Timber, and 2x Log (this is an actual result I just got). How does the 1~4 roll * 1.25 account for obtaining 7 items? I'm not looking to prove you wrong, I figure the loot tables might be set up to accommodate this somehow but I figured maybe you'd have a more definite answer.