WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

quick post on rare drops.

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by dragoncore74, Jun 30, 2016.

1. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

there has been some confusion on all the new BiS gear that came out with val, so here we go:

if you need the valencia map for reference: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    new free 7 ap/dp rings
    [​IMG]

how to get: do the entire valencia questline. total loot from the val main quest line: 2m silver, 2 concentrated armor stones, 1 concentrated weapon stone, and these rings. (plus the obligatory lots of energy/contribution from doing main quest lines) for information regarding the main quest line, please see the general valencia information post.

bddatabase suggests that there is more to valencia main quest line after this quest that gives a SECOND choice of these rings in a side (story) quest after you finish the direct story quest. I can not confirm this yet. UPDATE: I can't find the quest where bddatabase says it should be. Not sure what I'm missing, and I haven't heard positive confirmation that anyone else has found it. the assumption for now is that it is party of the val 2 update

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basilisk's Belt - 5 AP
    [​IMG]

how to get: kill basilisks, get the belt loops (Basilisk's Ring), and arrange them vertically. this is one of the easier ones to get, as we got 3 loops (so basically a belt) during our first 3800 kill guild quest.

best spot to farm: is on the river around the back of the basilisks den. the road will come down to a corner as you hit the river at the back side of the basilisk's den, start there, move south, repeat.

suggested setup - 320+ gs with at least 3+ party (level 60/61 so accuracy is a problem)

Centaur's Belt - 5 DP
    [​IMG]

how to get: think ogre rings. they drop soiled belts and you open them to usually get garbage vendor trash. the rate is similar to 1/3 Basilisks, so if we got 1 full belt from basilisks, we would probably get 1 soiled ring from centaurs in a 3800 guild quest.

best spot to farm: on top of the small mountain where you have to go for the main quest line east of boulder outpost. (spawns get denser as you go higher, theres a good rotation where you get to the last spiral to the top, go to the top, then jump off to where you started)

suggested setup - 320+ gs with a full party, probably 360+ for 2/3 party. (level 60/61 so accuracy is a problem)

Ring of Cadry Guardian - 5 DP (3 scaling)
    [​IMG]

how to get: farm cadrys. drops like basilisk's belt.

best spot to farm, TBD: there were PRX crawling around when I went through the cadry ruins area. there was this awesome arena like area that seemed to have phenominal spawn, but I couldn't get close. I will explore the cadry ruins area (because it seems to be a great exp spot) and update.

suggested setup - 300+ gs to solo, prolly 280+ with a party is fine.

Ring of Crecent Guardian - 5 AP (3 scaling)
    [​IMG]

how to get: farm the crescent guardian shrine. This is in the south of the desert south by southwest of valencia. This is also part of the desert so you WILL need water/tea WHILE grinding. the big ones also have an AoE leap that has 100% kd rate on every attack. they drop like ogre rings, so get the bag, and get disappointed. no confirmation on which mobs drop it yet, so we can assume everything that has crescent in its name.

best spot to farm: go all the way to the back by the node, there will be a large courtyardish area with lots of spawns, pick a start point then make a big circle around.

suggested setup - 300+ gs with at least 3+ party (tank recommended). do NOT solo as the big ones are pretty much everywhere and the knockdown is deadly and hard to avoid on a 0 cooldown.

and the biggie: Whale Molar Earrings - 5 AP (3 scaling)
    [​IMG]

how to get: new hunting skill and such, I'm not going to say much but heres some
    nice
    resources.
    -BRING A KNIFE WITH YOU WHEN HUNTING WHALES TO GET LOOT-
    take the molar, craft with a brass bar and 2 polished opals (I believe its a crafting house in valencia city)

nouver ofhand set is from a world boss that noone has any right going near. I don't even know if we have it yet. I will mention the other hunting-based accessory, but since khalk isn't in the game yet as far as I know, khalk's earring is impossible to get. without the valencia dungeons, we can't get those rare drop yet, BUT -

INVEN INFORMATION - with my 1337 korean translating skills, there are more drops that korea has reported. there is hint that
    [​IMG]
    is the drop from the new weekly. it scales by 2 and is therefore a better witch earring. This is the drop from the unreleased second ancient weapon based dungeon in valencia, and the new weekly is the boss of that dungeon (like how bheg is the big altar imp, giath is the big goblin, etc). I am taking the conclusion that this is the weekly drop solely from that fact, and that we know he doesn't drop any of the other released accessories and rare drops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016