WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Skyforge Tips and Tricks! (Please Read)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion' started by Daphonic, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

If you have some to add to the list please reply, I'll add them to the list.

1. In open world maps, that have the Circle Way points that are Grey, If you run into them or near them, they become purple and you can hit M go to your map and teleport between them freely.

2. During missions if you put your cross hairs on one of the Color Quest way points, you can hit Space, and it will auto Run you to that location.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. FluffyDeath

FluffyDeath Freaky Fluffy

3. Know your monster types, the emblems next to their names show their type so mind the kill order and get things done.

4. Check the observation room frequently, there are mini quests that pop up and each "zone" rotates their drop type and bonus multiplier every 45 minutes.

5. Focus on leveling one class first until you get their "R" move or what some call their Ultimate move. Once you reach that point you will gain access to the true Ascension Atlas which has the unlockable classes and the nodes that share bonuses to all classes and not just the one you're playing.

6. If you're looking to play Archer, Slayer, Kinetic, Necromancer or the future Alchemist, Monk or Witch then DO NOT level a Berserker or Gunner first as you will be further away from your desired class than if you level one of the three main starters. (Paladin, Cryomancer and Lightbinder)

7. Remember to keep your Adepts constantly working as the more followers you get and the more things you obtain the better bonuses your church can give you.

8. Always upgrade, you are upgrading the item slots not the items that go in them so never shy away from upgrading. (Put simply your upgrading the slot so anything in the slot will get the upgrade)

9. If you find a good item for another class either disassemble it if you wish or equip the item on its class so in the event you ever choose to play it in the future you'll be prepared. (Not sure if you can trade yet, but equipping a weapon or secondary will stay on the class even when not in use so you can free up space and have decent gear on other classes)

10. More to come when I think of them.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. I am new to skyforge and have just unlocked myChurch or whatever you call it. I am wondering if you have any advice on the quests to do first. Is there a particular resource i should stack? Should i attempt to gain followers quickly? Thanks for the hot tips in this thread super helpful.

4. Silaven

Silaven Member

Ammunition is usually the one on short supply so on your own missions go for ammo while having your adepts gather meds. I say this because there are usually enough gathering missions to get you 400+ meds per 8 hour resets while ammo is kinda hit or miss.

Also, yes! the by increasing your followers you level your order. You want to increase your order level to unlock restrictions on your chapel levels that are increased using holy texts. This is how people are continuing to increase their prest. while having hit the cap for the week. And lastly, make sure you collect your okki tablet every two days from a random misson! This is how you increase the rarity of your chapel and add stats to your character.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. Brutilicus

Brutilicus Member

- Stats on the Class Lower Atlas persist when changing classes.

- The "value" of stats changes throughout the Ascension Atlas. I was looking at Strength and found a few examples in both the lower and upper atlas. The cost (in sparks) seems to increase the further out you go while Prestige stays a 1:1 ratio with Strength. I understand everyone will approach the game differently (i.e. going straight for Monk), I just wanted to point out this observation. The values I found ranged from 7.5 Sparks / Strength to 12.9.

6. 1. Try your best to use up all your colored sparks if you can when you cap. You can actually choose to spend Sparks of Evolution in your Class Atlas instead of colored sparks before the Path node. It does not say it gives you it as an option, but if you double click it anyway and do not have the colored spark requirement, you use up Evolutions instead!

2. When doing Death Wardens or Spy Oculats in a Dungeon, you can actually force them to spawn through duels and farm them for easy rating score. Simply duel someone and if you need a Warden, just get them down to 1 HP and it will automatically spawn. If you need Spy Oculats, just wait 20 or so seconds and it will spawn since Duel puts you in combat.

3. When playing in Regions, you don't actually have to fully kill all the quest mobs. If you 'tag' the mob with any form of damage, and their names turn red, you get the % completion for it. This means if another player is fighting something, you can actually just hit one mob out of the entire group, and it will tag the whole group for you and give you credit when they die. This makes completing Kill Quests in Regions significantly faster.

4. If you need to farm Class Sparks, head into Port Naori. Immediately mount and run left around the mobs and head STRAIGHT for the Ice Abyss Kelp as fast as you can. If you do this fast enough, you can skip the roaming Kelp and deal with only 6 trash mobs and the Ice Abyss Kelp. You can clear this fight in under 20 seconds. Then just kill the first boss! It should only take 1-2 minutes and it will drop 45 or so Sparks if you have Replicators and Premium. You can repeat this as many times as you want to get 45+ Sparks in under 3 minutes.

7. silvor

silvor Member

This'll actually help me when I start playing, thank you!

8. Brutilicus

Brutilicus Member

We were discussing last night the "Prestige-Proficiency Curve". Some players will find themselves unable to attain gear of their max proficiency while others are actually getting gear they cannot equip.

My understanding is that "cheaper" nodes on the Ascension Atlas will boost your Proficiency and "expensive" nodes will boost your Prestige ahead of curve if you are looking to optimize your sparks.

At 12.2k Prestige, I have a Proficiency of 1063 and am seeing drops in the 700-800 range. Once I started doing "Impossible" difficulty in Solo Adventures I starting getting upgrades.

Please note, if you use Group Finder... it will set the difficulty to "Normal". This feature can be used to get a little better gear when an Adventure's max difficulty for you is Easy / Very Easy and the next highest is Prestige locked.

9. Brutilicus

Brutilicus Member

If you are needing to sell something for credits (say to make a donation to the Pantheon) don't forget you can convert Argents to Credits... even for F2P players. The "Medium Set of Spark Replicators" gained from the story questline can be sold for 170 Argents. On 15AUG, this equates to 25,840 credits. Note, if you right click the capsule in your inventory it will NOT show a "Sell" option. You will have to enter the Market (default "N") and select the Replicator from the Sell tab.

Additionally, you can sell Ether Cores (I obtained hundreds from doing PVP), Enhancement Stones, Loot Trophies, and Holy Texts.

10. MagicHamsta

MagicHamsta Member

Incoming Blocks of Text/Questionable Advice.

Several maps have shortcuts/mobs that can be skipped entirely allowing you to farm gear/sparks/resources more efficiently.

e.g. Naori: After the first boss, kill the eggs & suicide/hide behind sign. This will respawn you right in front of the next boss / negate aggro.
    Syblian Heights, you can walk to the side of paths and skip several trash mobs.
    Thetin Rift, bum rush the Queens. They stop spawning small adds when they're dead.
    Alakur Island, you can jump over the railing and skip the first fat mushroom miniboss.
    etc

Go Youtube: [Instance name] Speedrun. Several videos have been posted already for most 3 man adventures.)

For hardcore players/F2P players who are routinely hitting the credit caps in the reset, DO NOT loot Ether cores they are highly inefficient in terms of their credit ratio. (They eat more from your cap than you actually gain for selling them)
    Selling enhancement stones for credits is far more profitable in terms of cap/Prestige gain. (Some sell for almost double what they eat from your cap *R4s eats 2.7k but sells for 5k/R3s eats 900 but sells for 1665..)

This is the reason why most high prestige players do not pick up trash loot in their videos. Because the credit caps are limited & this maximizes their credit gains. (For class sparks you can go on a farming spree (If you have premium time) or on a PvP binge after maxing your credit caps large amounts of Evo sparks *To avoid the massive 60+ Ether core drops*.)

Furthermore, the Credit reward missions should never be run either unless you are helping someone else or rerolling the reward for a specific mission.
    Credit reward mission bosses will not drop any loot from the boss(es) & are inefficient for time spent/reward gained. It's a better usage of your time & credit cap to get R3+ enhancement stones, gear, & Sparks/Ammo/Supplies/Texts from other missions.

So if you have a small amount of credit cap remaining, just leave ether cores on the floor & go for boss loots to convert to enhancement stones.
    And run Holy Text missions.

As you get higher up into prestige, Credits become a big limiting factor (Order upgrades/Pantheon/Ether Core slots/Wep,Def,Ritual Boosters/Pantheon Wars/etc)
    For perspective: My R7 ritual booster costs 36k per tic box.....It has 8 boxes. I need 288k to rank it up to R8. (And I'm out of credits & at the credit cap at the moment....)
    http://i.imgur.com/7dynCFG.png

Furthermore, the most efficient method of progressing/acquiring stuff in Skyforge is to simply boost prestige as high as you can. You will gain access to more stuff that allows you to progress more efficiently (Silver Pommel/Higher rank enhancement stones/Better gear/More sparks per missions/More missions/etc. The longer you take to reach a certain tier, the more you lose out on & the longer you'll have to wait to catch up.
    (e.g Founder's rings/Silver Pommels/Trophies/Tactical Sense.)

Prior to 15k prestige, gear really doesn't matter much. Talents, symbols, & order bonuses are what signifies you as "good" or "bad". While getting BiS gear is a bad idea as you'll quickly out prestige them. Best method is to simply farm highest prestige boosting equipment while keeping a set of good blues with good bonuses for PvP/missions that need the extra push.
    e.g. A Kinetic would keep a set of Blue +Sledgehammer crit weapon & CD reduction gloves & if you have the inventory slots: A set of blue Str/Luck +Crit chance rings. (Great for PvP)

When starting the game, main Paladin OR Lightbinder. Paladin symbol is considered one of the best in the game so you'll eventually max paladin anyways. While Lightbinder is a very solid class.
    Your life will be easier.

If you are going DPS then main Paladin (easier to just get it over with now instead of being a half-baked tank at high prestige). If going support, go Lightbinder.

A note on Lucia Sunstorm's suggestion to use evo instead of colored sparks: This is only applicable to Premium time players. Non-premium players do not have the option to efficiently farm evo sparks without gimping themselves or putting in very large amounts of time into the game. Save evo sparks for classes you don't want to play/for rushing talents to make classes playable without a grind.

If you have a lot of Argents, spend on Ether core upgrades for P2W advantage. You'll get to enjoy the boost in power/prestige & get refunded when the rework arrives.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015