WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

general valencia area information.

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by dragoncore74, Jun 30, 2016.

1. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

map for reference: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/#!/

so this will just be a quick rundown of all the important places/things in the valencia area.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PART 1 - PLACES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- color code ---
    noncombat easy may be difficult for new 55s with 295 GS I am avoiding these solo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basilisk den - spawn place for basilisks, level 58-62 mobs that are only notable for their drop of basilisk belt, see rare drop post. only basilisks themselves drop the belts and contribute to guild quests, the petrified guys are just in the way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Taphtar plain - spawn place for centaurs, level 60+ mobs that are only notable for their drop of the centaur belt, see rare drop post. these guys have really high movement and are scary. be wary around these guys.

Bashim Base - spawn place for bashims. they seem to be the helms of the new area. pretty good exp but outclasses by other places. pretty good place to grind for 55+ with no notable drops.

Cadry Ruins - spawn place for the cadry mobs, that I currently think will end up being the new grind spot. they are 56-59 mobs that seem to be the best exp we have here. I expect this to be the new sausans. (also see the rare drop post because they have one)

Kunids Vacation Spot/Leical Falls - gathering nodes for purified water. connect one to valencia and one to sand grain and have an endless supply of water for both. makes traversing the desert easier.

Gahaz Bandit Lair - another grind place, level 57-59. this could also be a good place to get experience with good mob density, and low difficulty. I expect this to be the second fallback for experience behind Cadry and pirates.

Kamach canyon - gathering node for the star anise - needed for the teas. connect this as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Black Desert - while in the desert you need to constantly drink water/tea to cancel an ongoing debuff that does not go away when you leave the desert. it takes about 60 potions to survive one instance of getting the debuff. dying to it causes normal penalties. Camels have doubled movement speed in the desert to be equivalent to a T5 horse (get from a quest in sand grain). using the water/tea does not prevent the buff from coming back, it will always recur on a random timer that has been suggested to be anywhere between 1-10 minutes. you do not instantly get the buff upon entering the desert, I have done an 8 minute trip through and not gotten the debuff. you also have no access to the minimap and no marker on the world map unless you have a compass (quest in sand grain).

within the black desert: (everything here will give you the debuffs while there so go with caution)

pilgrims sanctum - humility - this is a good cash node. it is alot of vendor trash that sells for alot and should be connected as soon as possible.

Crescent Shrine - spawn place for the crescent mobs level 57-59. check the rare drop post for reasons to come here. this is a dangerous grinding spot due to the exhaustion debuffs as well as the constant stuns inside here. farm with caution.

Akman - this is where the weekly scrolls are used. it is slightly north west of the node manager on a small hill.

Titium valley - not very notable, as better exp can be gotten elsewhere. you will come here once to do a main quest line quest to find the node manager, but while here pick up the kill quest to get 1m silver for killing 50 fogans.

nodes that I have not listed here are in between points and for the most point not notable.

So where do I go to grind???

listing from highest exp to lowest:

--- pirates
    pros:
    ------best exp in game
    ------definitely soloable now since we all have crazy GS
    ------enough spots for multiple full parties to grind in

cons:
    ------you have to go all the way out to pirate island. that sucks
    ------the rare drops have depreciated quite heavily. still pretty nice money, but your 8-900k special deals are now 200k.

--- cadrys
    pros:
    ------best exp in Val
    ------definitely soloable for anyone with even a decent GS
    ------not out in the middle of fucking nowhere. there is a town a solid 30 seconds from it.
    ------ Cadry ring.

cons:
    ------even the best spawns cant support a full 5 man party. tri is probably the highest.

--- fogans
    pros:
    ------people have told me its better exp than cadrys. can not confirm, so I put it below. will edit later.
    ------definitely soloable for anyone with even a decent GS

cons:
    ------no notable drops.
    ------in the middle of the desert. its a pain to get there, and you need to have water/tea the whole time.

--- sausages
    pros:
    ------still the best consistent money you can grind for.
    ------not out in the middle of fucking nowhere.
    ------the amount of competition has gone down as people have moved elsewhere

cons:
    ------exp is definitely waning. especially as people get 56/57 they just aren't going to be enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PART 2 - MAIN QUEST LINE INFORMATION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the main quest line drops a total of:
    - 2 million silver
    - 2 concentrated armor stones
    - 1 concentrated weapon stone
    - a 7 ap or 7 dp ring of your choice
    - plus a free camel
    - Upon completing the quest you will have access to a new T2 weekly boss scroll that may drop cool things and stacks with other T2 boss scrolls (you can get both). refer to the rare drop post

the quest line is doable by CHARACTER not by ACCOUNT. with 2 level 55s you can get 2 rings and additional stones.

----there is a second quest line after the main quest line that gives a SECOND 7 ap ring, appears to be in val 2--

important things to note about the main quest line is it will require:

---going through the desert which will require both water and star anise teas

---using upwards of 50 energy talking to things (i didn't count)

---DOING A STUPID QUEST WITH A TOOLTIP BUG - FOR THE SNAP-OUT ELIXIR QUEST YOU GIVE HIM 5 100K FINE WINES FROM THE COOKING VENDOR (bring 500k or the aforementioned 2m in gold bars)

---navigating the desert (possible without a compass, but a compass is suggested. you can get one through a quest in sand grain)

---finding the underground part of the valencia castle (a little bit spoilers, but knowing you have to go downwards at each of the quest notification circles helps).

---VALENCIA CASTLE GATE IS DOWN WHEN NOT ON A VALENCIA CHANNEL, ALL VALENCIA CASTLE QUESTS MUST BE DONE ON VAL 1/2, AND ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO D0 ON OTHER CHANNELS-

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

Can you use Color and Breaks... so much info not sure what is what? Better yet, if you could make one Huge Velencia Post with all your stuff in it, would rock :)

3. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

I could make a megathread, but I prefer jumping to what I'm looking for specifically. honestly I was thinking about asking you to rework the stickied beginners thread and link to smaller threads like this in there for information (i would certainly be happy to help with updating that). smaller modules with a large stickied megathread make it easier to search for information.

also I suck at formatting

I'll see what I can do to make these readable when I get home...

4. Daphonic

thanks

5. Daphonic

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1