WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Healing lessons learned

Discussion in 'Everquest - Agnarr' started by Legion009, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Legion009

Legion009 Member

Lessons I've learned and please include yours!

1) High spot heals for the first 20 seconds - Especially when we are running to the boss. I feel like the first 20 seconds of when the tank takes agro is making or breaking the boss fight. I can't think of a time we lost a fight because of mana issues.

2) Have /target <tank 1>, /target <tank 2>, etc as hotkeys in the order of tank rotation.

3) Make sure you're in healing range before hitting your CH macro - I was guilty of this tonight. On the last pull of Nagafen, I hit my CH macro, realized I wasn't in range, hit it again, wasn't in range, and then finally was in range. By that time I had spammed lethheals...

What I'm going to do in the future is cast CH and then one it starts, hit my macro. Then switch to just the macro once I know I'm in range.

4) You can target people in the raid window and also click on their name in a chat window to target them. Helpful to get buffs/rezzes going quickly.

5) Listen and take notes. It only takes 30 seconds but writing down heal rotation, tank rotation, and basic plan helps a ton. The raid leader shouldn't have to say things more than twice.

Please include your own tips! I always pick up something new with threads like this.

2. Train

Train "Train Incoming" Occultist III

Thanks for the feedback! I would also add that the healers should read the healing thread and set up their heal macros using that format just to keep everyone on the same page aesthetically. :)

3. Legion009

Legion009 Member

More learned tips:

- If you're worried the person before you in the rotation isn't casting, do yours. You can cancel it if necessary.
    - Shift+S cancels the cast. If the tank is at 95%+ right before the CH will hit, cancel and save the mana.
    - Sitting down then casting ensures you're spell won't be interrupted due to moving.