WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Looking forward - the rest of val

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by dragoncore74, Jul 7, 2016.

1. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

so this is going to be a quick rundown of what else we will be getting for valencia and what/when you should be preparing.

daums version of this thread

-------------------------------------The New Areas-------------------------------------

so our new map has val 2 sectioned off quite nicely.

in the new node information you will notice a new excavation node that will doubtlessly be a good source of money because the excavation nodes have been getting more valuable over time. getting the sulfur works node will probably be a recommended pick for everyone.

the rare drops here are the 7 ap 3 dp necklace, compass parts, and the new weekly scroll. holy money drops.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you will also notice there are now coconut nodes. although I don't have all the specifics, if you check the recipes list you'll notice that we now have access to the final special, the arehaza special.

Reduced automatic Fishing time +5%, Heat Stroke and Hypothermia Resistance +10%, Movement Speed +2, Critical Strike +1 for 90 minutes

pretty nice for desert grinding, but not overall gamebreaking. helps people with the liverto+carmae gem setup to get T5 crit while spending less weight on water in the desert. the way the resistance works, is that every so often (somewhere between a minute and 10) you get an instance of the debuff. with 10% resistance, there is a 10% chance you don't get it at all and therefore are safe until the next debuff procs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the town on the southern part of the map is the new bandit town. the idea is that everyone there has negative karma and basically enables serial PKers to have a town to themselves where they can pot up and what have you. early val 2 is going to be a shitstorm of PKing until people settle down. be warned.

with this comes the jail system in valencia: "Killing another player will make you an “outlaw” for 30 minutes. If you die to another player as an outlaw you will be sent to jail instantly. It is possible to escape from jail but can be quite challenging to do so. Your sentance may be 30 minutes, 50 minutes or 60 minutes depending on how many player you have killed." (only active inside val) due to the new inherent danger of trading in valencia, it is a HUGE money maker but attracts griefers.

this also comes with a bounty hunter system where killing red players drop seals that can be traded in for (no information released) loot. fun fun.

what you CAN'T see on the map are the new dungeons. one ancient weapon based and one based on helms dungeon (super original btw). both are accessed by the will of RNGesus in the desert. there will be swirling dust devils that your party runs into to access the dungeons making them difficult to find. the portals are always spawned but move around (supposedly in certain set locations, but I cant find a map). if you refer to the rare drop post I already posted a picture of the ancient weapon dungeon loot. 6 ap earring, scales by 2, quite snazzy. I THINK the 7 ap 3 dp neckace that comes from the sulfur mines mobs is shared by the new helms dungeon but I can neither confirm nor deny that (did I mention the sulfur mobs drop a 7 ap 3 dp necklace? new ogre confirmed) they are both supposed to be the difficulty level of basilisks.

The desert also gets alot more scary since elite mobs now spawn randomly in the desert. any type of autopathing or trading in the desert has a pretty decent chance of getting aggro on elite mobs that are a pain to get away from. they are made to be hard as balls so imagine the mediah golems on mediahs patch day, and youll have a good idea of the difficulty level.

theres also something about an area called "the annex" but its not super specific other than getting personal baby elephants as mounts and being the only town where you can have both positive and negative karma players. there are also buffs that you get passively from going to the annex daily (Dragon Nest hot spring system?)

-------------------------------------The Goodies-------------------------------------

yeah yeah theres like elephants and stuff. I don't think I really need to explain how elephants work since everyones so hyped about them. kill the mother elephant, use a taming rope on the baby, play the minigame, lead the baby back to the guild stables, and throw food at it until it becomes a pvp tank demon monster thingy that decimates barricades (defence is ALOT harder when everyone has both these and cannons. node wars times will DROP)

theres a new system called guild resources. there will be spots on the map where you can place basically a well that passively generates guild gold and a new type of material used in all val 3 content (guild warships is the biggie). you set it up the way you would a castle and you let it sit there. its open world pvp on these things so try to protect them, because other guilds will try to kill ours. every so often an RNG sandstorm will damage them so people will have to run out regularly to repair it. we want one of these set up day 1 guaranteed before people start thinking to run around and destroy them.

the one I'm super hyped about is personal imperial crafting. we have guild imperial trading, but now we get the fun ones. basically imperial allows you to NPC x amount of materials per craft per day. for example I will dump 100 sute teas on an NPC every day for better rates than market and to collect seals. the cooking/alchemy recipes for imperial are in the recipe list and trading changes on a daily basis.

The drop from imperial:

------ trading
    – 250 seals: High-Quality Merchant Wagon Cover
    – 250 seals: Ancient Kamel Statue (house item, 9 ap for an hour on use)
    – 300 seals: Feather Champron of Storm
    – 320 seals: Iron Horseshoe of Fighting Spirit
    – 400 seals: Black Essence (either hystria or harphia)
    – 400 seals: High-Quality Horse Trainer’s Clothes

------ cooking
    – 250 seals: Ancient Kamel Statue (house item, 9 ap for an hour on use)
    – 280 seals: Hardened Leather Saddle of Storm
    – 400 seals: Black Essence: Cobelinus
    – 400 seals: High-Quality Horse Trainer’s Clothes

------ fishing (any blue+ fish you'd like)
    – 10 seals: Spellbound Sap Gathering Tool
    – 200 seals: Ancient Slate Ornament (house item, 16 evasion for 1 hour)
    – 250 seals: Hardened Leather Saddle of Storm
    – 250 seals: Black Essence: Carmae

------ alch
    – 220 seals: Ancient Artifact Pot
    – 320 seals: Hardened Iron Horseshoe of Storm
    – 400 seals: Black Essence (either hystria of harphia)

------ training (turn in a level 26+ horse for seals equal to its tier)
    – 2 seals: Spellbound Lumbering Axe
    – 5 seals: Camel Coupon (notice how this isn't in the game yet)
    – 6 seals: High-Quality Merchant Wagon Wheel
    – 6 seals: Fishing Boat Prow of Abundance
    – 12 seals: Black Essence: Viper

so do the highest tier of imperial per day and get the seals for each skill FAST because you'll want the black essences. just look at the crafting lists for these gems. carmae and cobelinus are both going to be phenominal so I would suggest prioritizing fishing/cooking. (but really people are going to be using all but viper because its trash). So I would suggest leveling up life skills because master cooks/alchemists (me ^.^) are going to be getting these seals super quickly.

and if you click the last link above, you'll notice theres also a crafting option for an awakened spirit crystal. although it IS possible, we don't know what drops the generic black essence (that I linked) that can be used for any of the recipes. the only way we know of to get it is:

the extended main quest line! remember how I said in the general information post that there was supposed to be an extension to the main quest thatallows you to get a second 7 ap ring per character? its val 2! so now we can do that, and the final quest for that line drops the ring and the awakened spirit crystal (offhand gem 150 hp 5 ap, opie op).

this extension also goes into the experience quest that gives you 30% at level 55 or 12% of 56.

Verbe. the super scary dragon that spawns in the desert. specifically here . he drops the new zarka-tier offhands and will be unkillable for most of val 2. with val 3 and more people getting to 400+ gs he may start falling, but don't count on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  2. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

khalk? maybe? we don't know if hes coming or not, but if he is hes the new BiS earrings. many classes find them to be better than whales . hes also a hunting boss, but now theres 2 and therefore it will be easier to get either/or.
    -------------------------------------Post Val 2-------------------------------------

the fun stuff. AWAKENING WEAPONS

the awakening system is simple. you do a quest, get your blue grade awakening weapon, and while its equipped your entire skill tree does vastly different things based on your class. that simple. many classes will only use their awakenings when they're out, and some will use a mixture of awakening and non-awakening (most notably is rangers need to learn to swap quickly between snipe mode and melee mode with the dual shortswords).

the blue tier awakening isn't that good and for PvE purposes most classes will prefer their liv/zarkas until they get the good one. the good one drops from the harpy boss that spawns in the old calpheon harpy area, and will be highly sought after. honestly getting the alliance to muster and bully people off the boss on our channel for the first few weeks is something I think we should consider. dandelion (yellow) awakenings are a HUGE benefit to all classes and are the #1 priority in all cases for everyone the second they are out.

in addition to the current set of black spirit-infused crystals from imperial, val 3 brings in black spirit versions of most T3 crystals making them better. if you would like to read up on the new buffed crystals that literally everyone will use here's the list. they're listed under black crystal with locations and stats in the links. (this is all koreas rare drop information)

val 3 launches guild warships and the new island system plus a better swimming system. lots of island based content and alot of sea based node wars (literally fucking pirates of the carribean ship takeovers with cannons and everything). koreas patch notes are hard as fuck to read and aren't that informative as to how the system works.

the full val 2 map

the full val 3 map?

3. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

tl;dr in prep for valencia 2:

life skill up, the higher your skills are the sooner you can get the new snazzy gems and the higher your hunting is, the easier time you have with khalk

4. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

That's full VAL 2 Map not 3.... 3 will Double Entire World Size with Ocean.

5. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

...whoops

that was mislabeled on inven then. or google translate is full of shit

6. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

"Valencia-game map (full map)"
    "2016-06-13 21:19"

I mean, that first map seems to be updated for valencia 3... considering this was posted in june... or was val 3 not live in june

edit: you may have been confused with the upcoming elves update? theres an elf territory hype thread talking about the "open sea" and "diving" posted june 29th

7. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

8. Daphonic

Val 3 isn't even out in Korea yet, Wont be out till Aug-Sept

9. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

well that explains that o_o i guess that explains why I couldn't find the val 3 patch notes...

10. Daphonic

This will be the World Map For Valencia 3 Patch... All that open Ocean.[​IMG]

11. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

12. Daphonic

H
    mm works for me?