WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

SOE Goes Indie - Now Known as Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Daphonic, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

Sony Online Entertainment has been acquired by an investment management firm that specializes in technology, media and entertainment companies. Called "Columbus Nova", the move effectively makes SOE an independent games development studio. Of keen interest is the fact that, as an indie developer, SOE will now be able to create games across multiple platforms including XBox, mobile and more. As part of the acquisition, SOE will now be known as Daybreak Game Company.

From the company statement, there will be no interruption in games or other services provided by the company formerly known as SOE. In the long term, it means more games, more platforms, more genres.

We'll keep you posted as the story develops.

Read more on the SOE forum (or more accurately, the DGC forum!).

2. Dark Exile

Dark Exile Member

And the internet explodes into doomsday threads.

Side note: your sig is huge and sounds like a bad advert. #lethalitydating.com

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

LOL, its something I put up there fast. For Articals, it shows an Author thing.

4. Dark Exile

Dark Exile Member

i see.

But yeah i been on a thousand forums all day and the amount of people throwing up threads is amazing.
    Be interesting to see how many all access people remain tomorrow, on their own forums it seems very few will be, i can see why, doesn't sound good.

The potential to expand and develop is huge if they are a stand back and let em work kind of owner though, and yeah cross platform, someone needs to do it.