WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Anyone have interest in playing the new Everquest Progression server

Discussion in 'EverQuest - Ragefire' started by The Valeyard, May 15, 2015.

1. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

EQ is releasing a new progression server on May 20th.
    I was interested in seeing if anyone wants to play the original Vanilla version. This is the version that was released back in the late 90s. Yes the gameplay will be real different then you might be associated with these days.
    So since the game does need players to group, I figured I would ask if anyone might be interested. I was think to Twitch the game might also be interesting, if someone wanted to.

2. sarahmon

sarahmon Member

I would try it played eq for 8 yrs back in th day

3. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

So this game will be 100% original Vanilla? How will it work? Could you explain it a bit more?

4. Daphonic

5. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Sweet, Since there is truly no real rush other then to level and Camp gear...Rubicite!!!.
    I was thinking...As Vanilla EQ requires Camping. Will those interested actually be willing to camp various items when they feel like doing so? Items other players could use? Stein of Moggok for example, Gathering cash for the J Boots and keeping an eye out for the guy that sells them and so on???
    The game WILL feel wonky to all of us because it is SO dated. But it will also be an easier game if we can group whenever possible.
    Remember this is a slow moving server, none of that fast leveling crap, kill 100 rats...kill 100 more. Kill 100 orcs, kill 200 more and so on till you get to level 20 then you kill 500 of something.

6. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Oh btw, picking the races and classes could pose issues... If you are evil you can only group with evil and good only with good. Keep that in mind

7. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Oh also, if you choose wood elf, the goal is Minotaur axe, they used to sell for a lot of money, that is around level 7 in the Minotaur cave.

8. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

Vale i am 100 percent in playing this with you..always loved this game and would love to get back into it and start the camping again! yes we need to find out whatever one is going to be playing race wise.

9. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

ATM I am planning on playing a Human Monk, so I can fit evil or good factions, but I would be starting in Freeport either way if I remember correctly

10. Daphonic

Hmm. not sure when I will start. I'm going to be playing the hell out of Witcher 3 next week. Once done, i Can start on Everquest.

11. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Having found out that you need to pay the 15 monthly fee to play the progression server I have decided not to play it. I can play EQ as is for free and do not need to pay to play just to have relive the year 1 experience.
    Too bad because I think it could have been a love hate relationship with the game again.

12. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

i might still pay the 15 bc I played on a progression server and had a blast with it..15 bucks isn't much but I do see where you are coming from vale.

13. Daphonic

If I could get passed the Graphics, I'd totally play it... it's 100% progression again.. meaning first Guilds to take down the Big Raid bosses, are the ones who unlock the next expansion..

14. Count me in as a definite maybe.

15. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

Saint are you going to pay the 15 bucks for the premium so you can play on the progression server or no?

16. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

ok just making sure then I am going to pay the 15 for the progression sever just wanted to make sure that some other people are playing bc EQ solo is hard lol.

17. I will most likely roll necro because my precious beast lord class wasn't introduced until SoL :(

Edit: or are we rolling good dudes?