WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Black Desert: Tips and Helpful Guides

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by Daphonic, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

General Tips
    1. Level Slow! Grab all the
    Knowledge and ?'s on the Map you can. This will give you a higher Energy Storage.
    2. Red Banner on Guild Icon are Guild Leaders, Blue Banner on Guild Icon are Guild Officers.
    3. Icons above someones name are Ranking Icons. The Number is their place, and Icon is the Crafting/Gather for the Rank.

Insanely Huge Guide on All Aspects of the game. (Click)

Class Guide Videos
    Sorceress
    Beserker & Giant
    Valkyrie

Tamer & Beastmaster
    Witch & Wizard
    Ranger
    Warrior

Future Class Videos
    Ninja & Kunoichi
    Blader & Plum

General How too Videos
    Guilds, PvP, World Bosses
    Trading, Commerce, Crafting
    Everything Horses
    Socketing, Enchanting, Upgrading Gear
    Leveling, Progression, Combat
    Workers, Housing, Nodes & Beer

Guides on Reddit
    Horse Guide
    Gear Guide
    Daily CP Guide
    Sorcerer Guide
    Quests
    Leveling Guide
    Interactive Map
    Skill Calculator
    Pet Calculator
    Horse Calculator

Knowledge Guides
    Ecology - Balenos

Info and other Perks
    Named Workers You get from 500 Amnity
    Titles and how to get them!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. Daphonic

A Great FAQ from Reddit
    What is the best class / What class should I play?
    There is no best class, there are some that do better in different situations such as 1v1, PvE farming or siege but overall class choice does not make a huge impact in regards to PvP, check out my previous guide for my opinion on the different classes. The biggest difference will be gear and your knowledge of your class and the classes you are up against. Aside from that things like CC rotation, resource management and reaction time are the most important. Pick something you enjoy playing and stick to it, as long as you are having fun it doesn't really matter.

Is this game Pay to Win?
    In my opinion not even Korea is pay to win, since it takes so much money to actually get BiS gear. And you are also limited to an amount of pearls per month. Keep in mind that BiS items cost over 1bill and you would only get a couple mil for selling cash shop items. So even if NA implements the ability to sell cash shop items, you shouldn't be too worried or listen to any of the lil cry babies out there, no matter what they say the game is not P2W, everyone can get to end game gear.

Should I play solo or in a party?
    I am more of a solo player but that is because on the KR servers it was really not effecient to play in a group. There were huge EXP penalties, you have to share your loot, and the biggest reason was that I could clear the zone of mobs before they respawned so I did not really need help. That being said, it is a lot more fun to play in a group, and party EXP has recently been adjusted. This means it is just as effecient leveling up in a group as it is solo (provided you clear the zone just as fast, stick relatively close to eachother and have a good rotation). At the start of NA, you can rest assured that you will get ganked, so traveling in a pack is the best option you have. I suggest doing boss scrolls in a group since it's faster to do so.

What are these statspostfor more info on the cash shop.

How does crafting work?
    Crafting in BDO is done through the housing system, as a player you can gather resources in the wild such as iron ores, birch tree logs, animal blood, tree sap and a bunch of other stuff. You can also process these materials into a higher grade version of that material, for instance you can chop birch tree logs into birch planks. The downside is though that as a player you will not be able to physically craft items yourself, so while you can make iron ingots, you can't physically make a Yuria Sword. This will have to be done by Mercenaries and the craft/housing system, you can hire Mercenaries to work for you, each city has it's own mercenary hub. To hire a Mercenary you have to spend Energy points at one of these hubs, you can keep spending as much energy as you want until you get the mercenary you want. There are three types of mercenaries, which are goblins / humans / giants. The Goblins are the fastest, but have the lowest work points. Humans are in the middle in regards to work speend and work points, and Giants have the most work points but are the slowest of the three. To craft something, simply have the items in your warehouse at the city you want to craft, and have your Mercenary craft your item in the crafting house. Within each city you can unlock crafting houses, each house has a specific thing they can craft, for instance the Wood Processing house can process birch logs into birch planks and then into birch boxes. Each type of crafting house also has a rank, the higher the rank the higher the quality of items you can make.

How do I get my mercenaries/workers to gather resources for me?
    The map has node points which you can invest CP into, these nodes unlock resources that can be farmed by your mercenaries, in order to gather resources with mercenaries you have to invest CP into that specific node. Nodes also have to be connected to your base so that your worker can physically walk to the spot and gather the materials for you (you actually see them in game which is really cool!). Once you have the required materials in your warehouse, you can give any unocupied Mercenary a crafting task. Note: Make sure your workers are in the same city that you are crafting and close to the resources you are gathering, this speeds up the time it takes for 1 mercenary to complete a task. The further away it is, the more the Mercenary has to walk. Also keep in mind that not everything can be gathered by mercenaries, some things you have to gather yourself.

Where should I start spending my CP?
    The most efficient city depends on what you want to accomplish, personally I spend the majority of my CP in Calpheon City. This city has all I need, such as wood & tool workshops, stable expansion houses, and much more. I made Calpheon my home base because it is a good distance away from Altinova, which grants me distance bonus on my trading. I have my nodes setup in a way that allow me to effeciently create a path to all my resource nodes, hit a few of the small towns that I need, pass straight through Hidel and from there directly to Altinova. I make sure not to waste CP along my pathway. But as far as making your own home base, I suggest looking through the options available and invest at a location that best suits your needs, some cities allow you to craft differnt things such as regrading your Yuria weapons or Niel trees Armor. Hidel, Calpheon, and Altinova (won't be there at launch) are all viable home bases, and I recommend setteling down at one of those key locations. Keep in mind that Expansions spread further across to the right side of the map, so Calpheon would have the biggest distance bonus out of those that I mentioned. I don't use the fisher town (Euphoria) as my home base because it doesn't support all my needs and it only increases the distance by 10% or so.

What's the most efficient city to have your workers and production stationed at?
    I suggest placing your workers at your main city, my home base is Calpheon so I have my workers stationed there. Remember that you can get different grades of workers, and each worker is unique, all of them have different skill sets and there are 3 main types of workers. I primarily use human mercenaries because it's a good balance between how many work orders they can do, and the overall speed at which they complete a task.

What happens to my farms? It says rental 7 days?
    If you do not tend to your farm for 7 days it will get deposited in your bank, CP is not refunded since you still own the item. If you would like to refund your CP, go to the town mayor you borrowed it from and return the fence to get back your CP.

How do I make money?
    There are plenty ways of making money, and it's up to you to decide what is the most fun (or least hated) way of making money. For NA I will personally do the following:
    • AFK Fishing and selling to imperial traders.
    • AFK Use my workers to gather resources and craft Calpheon wood boxes in Calpheon, and sell them in Altinova for the distance bonus. (You must have a good node setup to do this effeciently).
    • AFK Horse Training and selling them.
    • Farming ARC relics and doing the scrolls anytime I can, selling any good drops I find, such as Shadow Rings.

3. Daphonic

4. Daphonic

5. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Sorc and warrior awakining wepon. Love the Sorc scythe

6. NahXirok

NahXirok Member

7. Therik

Therik Member

Fishing Costum:

"Auction house under armor, or make one yourself via workers in a costume workshop in Hidel or elsewhere with blackstone powder, flax cloth (burn flax for thread, grind thread for cloth) and powder of time.

Oh, and combine two like jewelry to get +1 or +2. You probably need at least a +5 enchant built up to get the first one to combine and and at least +10 to have a shot at going +2. +2 gives a 15% xp bonus and 2 steps fishing speed."