WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Gathering and getting your sharp/hard shard FAQ

Discussion in 'Black Desert' started by dragoncore74, Jul 6, 2016.

1. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

so what drops the most sharps/hards?

there is no best spot to try and gather. every instance of gathering with a tool has the same drop chance of sharps/hards (~1/250 with T5 luck). as long as you're doing something with a tool you're good..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what can I do to get more shards?

there are 4 ways to increase your gathering speed of sharps/hards

------ increase gathering speed

self explainatory. gather faster -> get more shards. everyone in the guild has a base T1 gathering speed from guild buffs. on top of that choose 2: balenos special, DUO gathering clothes, elixir of worker. those all give T2 gathering, and 1 + 2 + 2 = 5. full gathering speed with yellow tools makes your gathering go 20 seconds -> ~3 seconds.

------ increase luck

the definition of luck that the koreans use is .05 drop chance from all sources per level. what this means is if you have T5 luck, you get 25% more rolls on the drop table. this does NOT affect the chance that you get a rare drop off the table, but increasing number of rolls is similar to increasing gathering speed; more chances to get it. if you have 200+ titles then getting T5 is as simple as throwing 2 perfection crystals in your hat and being done with it. max luck rate is ~1/250 durability per shard.

*note the gathering uniform mentioned above has no crystal slots and takes all your armor slots. if you want to use the luck gems to finish off your T5 luck, consider having a secondary krea offhand around with the gems in to swap to. or just go full wallet warrior and buy the + luck underwear set from the cash shop and pretend you didn't just buy it to look at your character in lingerie >.>.

------ use lucky tools

lucky tools are exactly as they sound. they artificially raise your luck by 1. what that means is you can bypass the cap of 5 luck and get yourself a 30% increased number of rolls on the drop table.

------ increase your gathering drop rate

as you can assume this is the same as above. the food that gives 3% and the alchemy stone that gives 5-25% depending on tier. (yellow grade only). this scales ADDITIVELY with luck. if you take all the numbers above, midir has 155% drop rate or 158 if hes also using food.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so where do I farm for shards then?

well that's up to you. there's no strictly best place to go, so wherever you've found with good spawn. places that have been suggested:

------ wolves west of velia
    ------ trees west of velia (or any dense forest you can find)
    ------ using a shovel in the desert
    ------ passively getting them from farming (must have a hoe equipped)
    ------ ogres/trolls (good money for primary drop)

unless you need something specific which brings us to the next question...

where do I get x primary drop?

DOWN THE LIST WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MEATS - classified as birds or not birds. any recipe that requires meat can use ANY meat that isn't chicken or kuku. if it says chicken, you can use kuku. lizards are completely seperate

------ bird meat group - kuku birds west of heidel. they're at the foot of the mountain range all the way over until you get to altar imps.
    ------ red meat group - wolves/foxes west of velia. basically all along the east edge of western guard camp.
    ------ lizard meat group - north west of glish swamp. its rather annoying dealing with the always aggro spiders, but hey, spawns pretty good.

BLOODS there are 5 groups. troll/ogre/bear, weasel/fox, wolf/flamingo, and deer/sheep/goat/cow/pig worm/lizard/bat/kuku

------ large blood group - trolls. anti troll fortification. ignore ogres for obvious reasons and theres no great bear spawn rate.
    ------ small blood group - see above. foxes by western guard camp (or up next to chimeras)
    ------ wolf blood group - wolves by western guard camp
    ------ domesticated blood group - northern wheat plantation
    ------ lizard blood - northwest of glish swamp or kukus west of heidel.

HIDES

------ tough hides - pigs at northern wheat plantation
    ------ soft hides - wolves around western guard camp
    ------ sturdy hides - lizards northwest of glish swamp

TREES

http://i.imgur.com/8yT2mWJ.jpg

cypress/acacia are by sausages/elrics mostly
    elderwood is around val. not that there are many trees around a fucking desert.

ROCKS

lets be honest here. you're only looking here for two reasons: platinum drops and rough stones. both of which can be dropped from any rock in the game. there are a few flat out platinum rocks around the abandoned iron mine, but other than that just keep going until RNGesus favors you.

but I am 1337zorz pro that has no time to do this filthy gathering, I need that runescape no exp waste and can't be bothered to gather!!!!

still a few options.

------ Val main quest line - 2 concentrated armor and 1 concentrated sharp per character.

------ advancement quests - you get:

-1 hard at skilled 10
    -1 sharp at pro 4
    -1 sharp at pro 7
    -1 sharp/hard at pro 10
    -3 hards at art 4
    -3 sharps at art 7
    -3 sharps/hards at art 10

and these are doable on every caracter for every skill. every skill you get to artisan is 3 sharp/2 hard. every skill you get to master is 9 sharp/8 hard.

if you want help with these, heres the link to the last of the chains: (from there click on the quest prereqs to get to the earlier quests)

cooking
    gathering
    cooking
    alch

fishing can suck it.

------ buy them off market. they're passing through preorders pretty regularly now, and I bet they'll start sitting on market again in a week or so. grind up, spend money, get crystals.

------ if your only problem with gathering is going about and doing it, you can now semi-afk gather in the desert. if you have more shovels after your initial shovel the next will be automatically used allowing you to do other activities while gathering. the reason I say SEMI-afk is because you WILL get heatstroke, and if you get a sharp/hard, the animation breaks the chain. meaning with light supervision you can get away with redditing, doing homework, watching youtube videos, or writing sick guides while afk shoveling. note that shovels count as regular tools, so you don't get the 3 second gathering time while shoveling (no shining tool buff).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  2. OleDirty Guy

OleDirty Guy Member

Quick comment on your luck/gathering speed. Can't combo a helm and luck stones with gathering tunic. If you are doing a tunic and balenos or alch stone for gather speed then maybe a Krea weapon if you need 2 luck. I would mention cash shop underwear as an option for luck also. You are on a guide kick lately huh Dragon?

3. dragoncore74

dragoncore74 Guest

touche, was not thinking about slots... i just use my level 1 shortsword/trinket for luck gems on my cooking slave and the 2 luck on my hat on my main, was not thinking about the 0 crystal slots on my gathering uniform...

and currently at work I'm getting paid to do an online class on machine learning, so this gives me something to do while I watch the web lectures =P

edit: also because I got tired of answering the same questions every day. the guides I thought to make are questions I've answered way too many times in guild chat

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016
  4. Helldiver

Helldiver Member

As for thick gathering areas, I'd recommend:
    Sheep (Soft Hide or Red Meat) on the mountainside northwest of Alejandro farm.
    Boars (Tough Hide or Red meat) in the fields northeast of Calpheon.