WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Lethality Newsletter (updated monthly)

Discussion in 'Everquest - Agnarr' started by Train, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Train

Train "Train Incoming" Occultist III

There is a lot of information that needs to be passed around to everyone and also some things that change as far as policy and procedures go. In order to streamline this process I thought that I would begin a monthly newsletter detailing things such as raid progression, officer meeting discussions, expansion content, guild policies, and general information that we would like to share with you all.

I will continue to update this thread each month and if anyone has anything they would like to see in the newsletter please reach out to me! :)

-- January --

This has been an exciting month for Lethality! After a slow start in Kunark we have completely switched gears in Velious and have progressed at a much faster rate than ever. We have grown in numbers and in gear and as a result we have been quite successful in raids. This month alone we have first time kills on targets that we often have never even tried. We went into growth and killed Tunare, we went into North ToV and cleared it in its near entirety. We spawned Vulak but the instance despawned on us. As an aside, and a tribute to YOUR dedication and loyalty we stayed hours past raid time working together to try to get the kill.

Recruitment continues to fluxuate and as always this being the end of an expansion we have seen some funky numbers for raids. Expect numbers to once again jump up in Luclin as they did in Velious. We are still looking for recruitment officers who would like to help us grow Lethality so if you are interested please get with Drakoz!

This months officer meeting has brought us some policy changes that everyone needs be aware of. Firstly, starting with the launch of Luclin it will now be a requirement to be level 60 to raid. This includes boxes and/or alts that you bring to the raid. We are striving to streamline our raiding process and some things that we are adjusting may seem cosmetic but are to help us move the raid along swiftly and effectively. We will be adjusting the way we organize the raid, meaning dedicated officers to form the raid and adjust groups allowing me to focus more on controlling the flow of the raid and tactics / strats. Those of you who have been with us for a long time will recall how involved I was in not just organizing the raids and strats and movements but all aspects of the raid. It was a deepy taxing process that luckily I have been able to get assistance with after teaching strat and movement to an effective raid team who then is able to operate independently of my direction. You see the results of this in our core raid team - our main tank who never raided this content previously who now effectively handles the maneuvering of the raid force after learning how I want things to be done. My pullers who pay attention to my direction, and who silently operate in tells with me in order to effectively control clearing and now can do so without any direction from me whatsoever. My buffers who know how to streamline the buffing process and who now efficiently and intuitively have kept the raid buffed when I need them to without my micromanaging them. This has all led to our raids twofold progression in speed and effectiveness. Allowing me to focus on the tedious work of fixing groups, pulling, and other behind the scenes stuff that I would otherwise have to do and slow us down. My healers who once I had to form CH rots and direct DI's and buffs who now have completely transformed into a force of their own who operate independently of any oversight at all.

Now that a new expansion is here I will once again be taking control of the raid process. We are making certain lifestyle changes such as help with raid formation and groups, to allow me to better focus on controlling the raid and communicating raid movement and strat to our team. Once again I will look to you all for patience and cooperation while we transition into a new selection of raid targets. I will be leaning on my tanks, pullers, healers, etc and those of you who have been integral in making raiding smoother for us all. Kyxoan, Drak, Sazz, Kaffe, Tunein, et all. Once again we will be working together to get our raids to an operational tempo that speaks volumes of our ability to work together as a team. Have patience with us and we will be doing great things in luclin!

To end off this first of many newsletters I will talk about the direction our guild has planned for Luclin. The first week of launch we want to give you time to work on AA's but also not take away our gearing. With that we have decided to raid only twice that week and vut out one raid night for you all to try to maximize AA gain. Moving forward we will be initially raiding NToV twice a week and Luclin once a week. Moving into phase 2 of raiding will see us doing NToV once a week, and luclin twice a week. Phase 3 will include raiding all Luclin targets with the addition of higher end targets (VT) with pick up raiding for things like AoW and other attractive targets. We will continue to be flexable in our targets and adapt to our composition and strength.

Until next month Lethality! Any questions please feel free to reach out!

-Train

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Vape

Vape Member

r&u, looking forward to luclin!

3. Coroner

Coroner Member

4. Probable

Probable Member

Well said Train, looking forward to Luck-lin.

5. Skhizo

Skhizo Member

Good stuff here.

I have 1 question. And this basically has to do with my slow ass leveling.... Are we going to turn down boxes (i obviously am talking specifically to my bard who is 58 and sometime in the next year should get 60...) If they have a large benefit to raids? we have a lot of non 60 boxes that heal/manasong/buff, etc...

I am curious as to why the boxes needing to be 60 is a thing? i get it if they are 46... 50.. etc, but arent 55+ beneficial in some/ many cases?

I mean i could get off my ass and finish her to 60 and its not all about me =) but it seems like we may punish our selves with some boxes that are beneficial to the raid but not 60.

Obviously its a tough line to pick and chose, but its the nature of the game, some classes make great boxes and great benefits to raids even if not 60.

EDIT:

Example.... Boxed 50's cleric with clickie legs that can hide from AE and non stop click group heal for a group.. why do we turn that down?

Just my 2cents for what its worth.

Lee

6. Sazz

Sazz Member

Ultimately it comes down to 3 things, survivabilty, viability, and we have to draw a line somewhere

Yes your example of a 50 cleric with clicky legs can be a help, in some circumstances, and also be just as much of a mana drain as he is help in others, the best resist in teh game is lvl 60, and now the gap of usefulness with grow even larger when the raid force is level 60 with aa's and that cleric, well isnt.

we decided if we are gonna require mains to be 60, then box's, who are already compromised to some extent because of being a box, should be as well

Level 60 has been here for 6 months now.. theirs no reason someone who wants to raid not be 60.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skhizo

Skhizo Member

Sounds good

58 Bard LFG!