WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

Anyone have interest in playing the new Everquest Progression server

Discussion in 'EverQuest - Ragefire' started by The Valeyard, May 15, 2015.

1. sarahmon

sarahmon Member

ill be rolling a warden

2. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

I can probably afford $15 for a couple months. I just feel it would have been nicer if it was just $15 to buy the access to the server, not the monthly fee. Or am I wrong and it is just a one time fee of 15 to buy onto the server

3. sarahmon

sarahmon Member

No im sure it will be the 15 monthly all access sub

4. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

If the 2 of you are going Necro...What about 3? Necro pet tanking is a viable tanking method if I remember right. Having the 3 overlap on dots, I forget if that works. Another option I was thinking is Enchanter, but Enchanter is difficult to level solo. Plus no transpost from Druid, or wizard. I like Monk because of Feign Death, better then the Necro version.

5. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

No Wardens in Vanilla EQ, Warrior, Pally, Monk, Cleric, Wizard, Necro, Elementalist, Enchanter, Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Bard, Shaman, Rogue, Shadowknight. I think those are the starter classes

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  6. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

im still debating on playing after witcher 3. I watched EvilFX play on the beta realm, and the game didn't look TOO TOO bad.. I may try it out.. If anything I'd prob roll a Ranger, Druid or Warrior.

7. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

i am either playing a Nerco or i can try and Enchanter out ??? if i am not mistaken they are the ones that give clarity for mana right?

8. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Going to need 1 or 2 healers for sure when grouped, I'm Not doing healing, did that with a cleric and druid for 12 years. Played every class to a high level except a Enchanter and Elementalist

9. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

Lol i cant heal...we need to figure out if we are going bad or good...

10. sarahmon

sarahmon Member

im always a healer but I like druid so good is my vote

11. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

ok so everyone vote on what they want to play...Doesn't matter to me so I can do whatever if we go good I think I am doing enchanter and if bad nerco..I have always played bad I wont lie but I am willing to do whatever =D

12. If we go good I will go mage. Bad I will go Necro. Can we get a poll going for good or bad? Also Drakoz you should totally go enchanter good or bad they are badass!

13. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

Ya I never played a enchanter...don't they have a buff called clareity for mana??I cant remember...

14. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Well I will play Monk, that is good and evil, but the zones are miles apart from each other. Going to need a tank/puller when all said and done, pets work but are tricky to control. Monk will not tank very well but still can pull back to the pets.
    GUK here we come.

15. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Ok just subbed for All Access. Let the games begin. Monk is very very very weak to start with so I expect to be leveling very slowly at start.

A few things to keep in mind. If they keep the original starter zones. If they use Refuge cave then I don't have a clue. If memory is somewhat correct, as I was there on day one, the starter zone will be a cluster F**k. Getting spawns and such just to get out of it, probably going to take at minimum 3 hours to graduate to the next zone and eventually to an Orc camp if starting in Freeport, I forget what comes next in Queynos starting side. I loved Halas starting zones, but the race is a large class and limits the classes. Nerraak starter zone areas are very good imoo but competition will be harsh there also, again back to Halas starter zone. Gnome, Dwarf, Woodelf could be crowded also because of the closeness to the Orc city. Halfling, is ok but who wants to be a Halfling, Half Elf is also a ok starter zone but Bard or Ranger would be the class choice....

Sounds like you guys would like to be Dark Elf, Necro, Mage, and caster, Cleric, Warrior and Shadow Knight all fit well there. No bard, no Monk ( Human only for Monk good or evil) for progression server till Kunark expansion, No DE Druid or Ranger though. Druid can't be evil if I remember ( Halfling, Human, Half Elf, Wood Elf ). Have to go Shaman, Ogre, Troll for Evil, Barbarian for good Shaman.

The Good/Evil needs to be discussed, Class is second on the list , then race as we would need to figure out how to get to each other as the crossings would be long hauls to meet up in zones foe 4-9 and onward. Remember Kithkor Forrest is high level KOS zone at night, much safer in day.

One last thing to keep in mind. Camping spawns is a nightmare, but a necessity for gear. Look up the early and mid range gear that will help the most. Stein of Moggok for the casters, Minotaur Axe for melee. Me as Monk have zero till dungeons and even then it is minor, I will need Haste and I do not remember if it was in the game at start. Also I hope Rubicite gear is in because that Ruby red plate armor was cool.

PS I would have played a Bard but it requires a younger more deft capability player then I am at my age now. When I was younger that was the premium class to play. Looks cool, has the songs and gear. If someone knows of a current add on that might work let me know because song weaving does not seem to work the same in the current game as it did back then. Maybe it is as easy to get 3 songs and maybe 4 going at the same time. Maybe... If I knew I would go Bard all the way as they are the best. a Group of bards all playing different songs could take down anything...Let alone kiting an entire zone of mobs as they were known to do...remember a bard kiting 200 mobs and slowly killing them off.

16. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Maybe I will play Bard and see how it goes hehe

17. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

guys please if you can all get in teamspeak right now so we can discuss this and make a decsion tonight would be great...

18. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

After the falling launch yesterday it looks like they are going to wipe the sever and ragefire should open at noon PST. Lets hope they fixed all this ..I will be home from work around the same time.

19. The Valeyard

The Valeyard Member

Getting into game has become an issue, too many players wanting to play have maxed the server 8(

20. Drakoz

Drakoz Elder Elder

You haven't been able to get into the server at all today vale?