WELCOME TO LETHALITY GAMING
?

ARK Server: I fucked up bad

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Daphonic, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

The Gist is the Server Map is gone. I was working on the Server for about an hour or two tonight between trying to fix the Space issue, and the linking issue. I found a Post online that said Steam sometimes De syncs with the games installed, and to get it back, to uninstall Steam and reinstall, same directory and steam should just See the Games there already.

Well The moment I uninstall steam to try and fix the issue, it hit me, it may delete the Games as well, and it did. I did not think to back the Ark Server up OUTSIDE the folder. I've been backing the server up in the Same Folder, as the map is only 60 mb. Uninstalling steam deleted everything under the steam directory, including the back ups from 2 weeks ago.

I can't stress enough how much shit I feel right now, as I know a hand full of you were still playing it on and off. All I can do is try and make it up to you guys. I'm reinstall Ark fresh via SteamCMD so no more Steam problems, and will make the update process smoother. I'm also going to make the Server PVE only at this time, as the people who were still playing only played PvE.

I will also log in and give anyone who was still playing, a TON of mats, and EXP to get your levels back. So please hit me up after tonight, and I will work on getting your Toon back to Max Level, and dump a ton of Mats on you, and a Couple of Free Dinos to start your new Server up and running.

For the Future, I will make an automatic Update system go to my Drobo off the Computer. So the back ups are not on the Same Computer.

2. FluffyDeath

FluffyDeath Freaky Fluffy

You might want to consider renaming the title since you aren't and can't be running a Skyforge server, to Ark Server ;)

3. Daphonic

Daphonic Gentleman Viking Grand Elder Elder

haha wow, I was really tired last night.